Thursday, September 20, 2007

A scam if I've ever heard of one

The Background Info
A week ago, Shelby's kindergarten class had one of the local meteorologist come out and speak with them about weather topics. Of course they brought the tv camera and filmed all of the children waving to their parents. I didn't know that all of this was going on that day because I had dropped Shelby off before 8am and didn't see her again until almost 6pm. While at church that night, someone came up to me asking if I'd seen it and of course I hadn't because I was no where near a TV. We recorded the 10pm newscast, but they didn't run it again.

The Scam
I called the TV station to get a copy of the footage and they sent me over to Metro Monitor, a news monitors service that captures news clips for people to purchase. I called them and the lady on the phone was very helpful when she gave the prices. After I picked myself up off the floor, I reviewed the prices again for this 15-20 second clip.
  • VHS tape - $43.15
  • DVD - $70.40
  • Link to Download Video Clip Online - $65.00
Are you kidding me????? I'm a parent that just wants to see her kiddo on TV. What a rip-off!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger